The Gasthof zum Jägerwirt *** built in 1748 is on the main square of the town, opposite the basilica. The house kept its fame over time despite of several changes of the ownership. Dr. Zsolt Butt and his team ensure since 2009 an unforgettable time spent in the biggest restaurant of Mariazell and in the 11 rooms of the hotel.
We await our guests with 11 rooms with different capacity (one, two, three, four and five bed rooms), where we can host 32 guests at the same time. On the first floor our quarters have a rather modern design, on the second floor they are established in typical Styrian style. In every room you find a SAT-TV. The panorama on the basilica and the mountains make our rooms even more beautiful.
Our other hotel is BS-Ötscher Hotel *** in Lackenhof, which is 30 km from Mariazell.
Known owners in the history of Gasthof zum Jägerwirt:
Fisrt owner was Leopold Reichegger 1748-1756
1786, 1789 Josef Haizinger and his wife, Anna Seefellnerin
1809, 1824, 1827, 1829 – Jakob Haitzinger
1851 – Wenzel és Aloisia Czeppek (Lebtschau, CZ)
1879 – Aloisia Czeppek
1892 – Josef and Juliana Mayrhofer
1927 – Franz and Paula Joly
1941 – Franz Joly
1966 – Ottilia Joly and Franz Joly
1977 – Martin Krcal
2009 – Dr. Butt Zsolt